The Excitement and Dynamism of High Power An integrated amplifier approaching the performance grade and functionality of separate components. Preamplifier section features latest version of AAVA volume control with even higher performance, along with instrumentation amplifier configuration for fully balanced signal paths. MCS+ topology and current feedback principle for amplification circuitry enable extremely low output impedance and realize a damping factor exceeding the 500 mark. Triple parallel push-pull arrangement of power MOS-FET devices together with massive power supply deliver 260 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
Inheriting outstanding technology from Accuphase's 40th anniversary commemorative models, the E-470 represents a full model change from the E-460. Internally, the preamplifier and power amplifier sections are kept entirely separate, in order to allow each to develop their full potential, rivalling the performance and sonic excellence of separate type components. With a simple flick of a switch, the POWER IN feature allows individual use of the two sections. At the heart of the preamplifier section is a further evolved AAVA type volume control, and the power amplifier block is configured with the latest instrumentation amplifier topology, enabling fully balanced signal transmission throughout. The MCS+ approach improves crucial performance parameters by employing multiple identical circuits in parallel, and current feedback provides optimum stability. As a result, the low impedance output stage achieves a damping factor of 500. MOS-FET switches are used in place of relays for speaker protection, helping to ensure superb electrical characteristics and improve long-term reliability. Power MOS-FET devices arranged in triple parallel push-pull pairs for each channel greatly enhance the ability of the amplifier to drive low-impedance loads.
- Revolutionary AAVA volume control
- Power MOS-FETs in triple parallel push-pull configuration deliver ample power: 180 watts/channel into 8 ohms or 260 watts/channel into 4 ohms.
- Strong power supply with massive high-efficiency toroidal transformer and large filtering capacitors (40,000 µF x 2).
- Instrumentation amplifier principle for power amplifier input stage allows fully balanced signal transmission, complemented by MCS+ topology and current feedback amplification circuitry
- Semiconductor (MOS-FET) switches used for speaker protection circuitry prevent contact problems and ensure long-term reliability. Eliminating mechanical contacts from the signal path also further enhances sound quality.
- Logic-control relays for the shortest signal paths
- POWER IN button allows separate use of preamplifier and power amplifier sections
- Individual phase setting supported for each input position
- Two option board installation slots on the rear panel provide further versatility. With the AD-30 or AD-20 board, MC/MM switching on the front panel is possible.
- DAC input selector button allows input selection when using the Digital Input Board DAC-40 With USB Port. Display of the sampling frequency of the locked digital signal is also possible.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier optimized for sound quality.
- Analog peak power meters with new type of LED lighting.
- Two sets of large-size speaker terminals accept also Y lugs.
- Balanced remote sensing technology provides balanced feedback for both the signal and GND lines from near the speaker terminals to ensure low impedance and high damping factor.
- Numeric indication of volume level